Lengthening of the metatarsal bones can be performed by two means.
(1) By adding bone graft in the short metatarsal and securing the bone block with Internal fixation.
(2) By placing an external fixator on the short metatarsal, performing an osteotomy in the metaphyseal area and distracting the area 1mm a day. Once the desired length is obtained, the fixator will stay in place for twice the amount of the distraction time.
Full Weight bearing is encouraged for faster healing at the osteotomy site. External fixation with conventional bone block placement with internal fixation is removed in 6-8 weeks followed by physical therapy
35010 Chardon Rd., Ste. #101A
Willoughby, OH 44094
Phone: (440) 953-3668
- Arch Support
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Diabetic Foot Problems
- Tailor's Bunions
- Toe Tuck
- Toe Shortening
- Foot Facelift
- Heel Pain/Plantar Fasciitis
- Heel Pain Surgery
- Laser Treatment For Nail Fungus
- Nail Surgery
- Removal of Soft Tissue Masses
- Removal of Painful Soft Corns
- Wart Surgery
- Primary Care / Non-surgical Services
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- MRI / CAT Scan